Welcome to The Curated Passport!
I’m Megan Moulos: blogger, artist, and trained historian and archaeologist. I’m an American travel blogger focusing on the art, culture, and history of places around the world. I began travelling with a study abroad trip to Europe in 2006, and I was immediately hooked.
In the intervening years, I began travelling a little more as money and time allowed. I graduated with a dual BA in History and Art History in 2007, and then with a third BA in Archaeology in 2013. I completed grad school with an MA in Classical Archaeology in 2015.
My passions for travel, art, and history meet here.
I created The Curated Passport to combine my passions for travel, art, and history. With this blog I hope to share the way I see travel and the knowledge that can be gained from it. I try to make sure that my travel is as sustainable and ethical as possible. Museums and cultural sites are my favorite part of travelling anywhere, and I cannot wait to see the artwork, textiles, architecture, and history of each locale.
I often travel solo, but sometimes my incredible partner of five years joins me. I have two wonderful dogs that are like children to me.
I know what you’re thinking: 2020 seems like the worst possible time to start a travel blog. In my defense, perhaps it was the giant lull in travel that spurred me to ponder all of the things I love about it. This blog is not about ALL travel, and doesn’t cover all traveling styles or interests. The Curated Passport is just that, curated. I will focus on the things I love most: art, history, and the humanities. Luckily these are also the things I spent so much time and money on earning degrees.
So what can you expect from The Curated Passport?
- Travel content aimed at “cultural travel” – focusing on art, history, archaeology, museums, and cultural sites.
- Things to see and do in cities and countries, where to eat, what to pack, what to see, and the people you might meet.
- General travel tips and tricks including packing lists, flight hacking, and how to choose the best neck pillow (very important).
- Geographically relevant “lessons” in art, history, and culture.
- I love meeting people and hearing their stories. Drop me a note or a question any time at [email protected]!
- Coming soon: Personalized itineraries for a fee. Let me do the planning!
Some expectation management:
- I’m not an influencer by any means. Although it sounds lovely, I think I missed the trend by a generation. I don’t post as many beautiful selfies as some travel bloggers. I try to focus on the locations and what they offer. (Although if I were a model this would be a totally different blog).
- I do not have an unlimited supply of cash, so I cannot be on the road 365 days a year.
Finally, I think it is important to note that as a white American, I realize that my view of other cultures, ethnicities, and lifestyles is seen through a very particular lens. I aim to be appreciative and understanding of the cultures I come into contact with. Travelling is a privilege and I am very lucky to have a lifestyle that offers it. I will try to embrace this truth as I embark on this blogging adventure.
Thank you for joining me on this new venture, and I hope you come back to see what’s new soon!